2:45 PM>I just got a bill for $606 from Duke Energy in SC. Considering my ex boyfriend lives up there... can you say FRAUD? Good thing I remember his digits... if they ask when I report this, I will be more than happy to hand them over.
In what's apparently a move to display the message "I play safe," some Chinese kids are attaching condoms to their cell phones. Instead of keeping their jimmy hats in their pockets or wallets like us puritan Westerners, the young and hip of the Far East are just putting it out there, saying, "Look, I use condoms." Good for you, proactive Chinese teens!
The phone charms are called "Interesting Imported Condoms," and the wrappers feature zodiac signs or popular cartoon characters such as Astroboy. This, it seems, helps the phone charms appeal to teens, a demographic for whom condoms can be important.
I wonder if this will catch on in the U.S...
- Would You Be More Likely to Use 'Fashionable' Condoms? (thegloss.com)
- Poll: Do Fancy Condoms Put You In The Mood For Sex? (crushable.com)
- Teens Are Smarter About Condoms Than Adults Are (well.blogs.nytimes.com)
You have, perhaps, occasionally had your ear bitten off over the phone. However, fewer are the people who have experienced their phone actually exploding into their ear, causing bleeding and a strange sensation of surprise.However, such is the claim being made by one Aron Embry of Cedar Hills, Texas, who told Fox4 in Dallas Fort-Worth that his two-day-old Motorola Droid 2 blew up on him without reason as he was getting into his car. His description to Fox4 offers an atmosphere redolent of David Cronenberg: "I heard a pop. I didn't feel any pain initially. I pulled the phone down. I felt something dripping. I realized that it was probably was blood."
Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20024611-71.html#ixzz179Ro7oTy
Now, this could just be some sort of media stunt. But it would be kind of interesting if this happened for real. What on earth could make a cell phone screen explode?
- "Exploding" Motorola Droid 2 Blamed for Head Injury (pocketnow.com)
- Motorola Droid 2 has self-destruct feature, injures man (intomobile.com)
- Motorola Droid allegedly explodes, hurts man (abclocal.go.com)
- Texas man claims Droid 2 exploded in his ear (electronista.com)