Here’s a good tip for any users of Acer’s Gemstone Blue series of laptops (6920, 8920, 8920G, 6920G, 8920G, 6935G, 8930G): If the volume control (Cinedash) freezes on you and a reboot won’t fix it, try popping the battery out for about 45 seconds.
The rain is gone! It rained for a week and a half straight here.
It’s been really hard for me lately to find the time or energy to post here. I’m either working, doing schoolwork, or keeping Brennan out of trouble.
Trouble. Capital T. That’s what Brennan’s new name is and he is losing no time in doing it justice. From playing in the toilet to tearing up his diapers to eating my work schedule. Hahaha. The joys of parenthood. ;)
Today he went for his one year checkup. He’s doing well in everything. He also went after anything he could grab and threw a temper tantrum in the office because we wouldn’t let him get down. LOL.
He isn’t bad ALL the time. He has his angelic moments. Like when he first said “I love you” and hugged me. :) I almost cried.
Work mostly sucks, but I’m starting to grow used to it. I’m learning how much working fast food is like working in a restaurant – that is a restaurant on meth. It’s the restaurant business bled dry and left out to hang on statistics and speed and cookie cutter solutions. Oh, and idiot customers. That’s not to say they’re all idiots, that’s not even to say there’s more idiot customers there than any other job (there’s not, and there’s quite a few pretty cool ones), but that is to say that this place has idiot customers with the lowest IQs I have ever seen. Well, next to working tech support, hahaha.
What’s funny about it though is even though my job sucks I’m not stressed out by it. That’s not to say I never have a bad day but most days I just go to work, work hard, and come home (ahhh, sanctuary). Then I pretty much spend time with my family and hang out with my friends. Oh, and play Sorority Life, hahaha. Oh, and do schoolwork. :P
One of my current classes is a tough one. It’s Analysis & Design of Information Systems. In other words, SDLC. Bleh. It’s not so much that it’s tough as much as it is complicated and dry. How I loathe that.
Speaking of… I have school work to do. Laters.
Become a Fan of Brüno
Ze biggest film about a hot vhite guy since Passion Of Ze Christ
1. Thou shalt not use a computer to harm other people.
2. Thou shalt not interfere with other people’s computer work.
3. Thou shalt not snoop around in other people’s computer files.
4. Thou shalt not use a computer to steal.
5. Thou shalt not use a computer to bear false witness.
6. Thou shalt not copy or use proprietary software for which you have not paid.
7. Thou shalt not use other people’s computer resources without authorization or proper compensation.
8. Thou shalt not appropriate other people’s intellectual output.
9. Thou shalt think about the social consequences of the program you are writing or the system you are designing.
10. Thou shalt always use a computer in ways that insure consideration and respect for your fellow humans.